Saturday, April 9, 2011

More projects, and another episode of "New Wheels!"

Hello all ye out there in Bloggerdom! Once again I have not posted in several days, (A little bit more than my 4.66 average... :-) ) and you might be wondering what I have been up to...  I have actually been busy with several different projects, including working on my grain cleaner:

... and helping a lot with putting up the frame of our greenhouse:


As you can see we are building it right onto the South side of the storage shed we have been building, so we really only had to build three walls and the top...


Here is what it looks like from the top:



We were planning on putting on the plastic yesterday, but it was too windy out and would have been hard to get the plastic fastened down...
 And here is my newest project:


 It's a 2001 Honda Foreman 500 Rubicon, which I bought from a neighbor for $500... What's the catch? The transmission is bad... :-P   You can see in this picture that I had already started tearing it apart:

The engine/transmission assembly is now completely taken out of the quad, and sitting on the bench in the shop in several pieces... :-) I already ordered the parts for it, but I probably won't get a chance to tear the engine apart the rest of the way and get it all put back together for a couple of weeks, as we will be very busy with cleaning grain starting Monday...
  Of course we have also been busy with calving, and trying to keep up with tagging all of the calves... Here is a little video clip I took of Jacob and Cora just coming in from checking on the cows:



That's all for now, check back soon...
   Andrew B.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrew,

That's gonna be a big greenhouse! The wind this past winter ripped apart the plastic on our greenhouse so we are going to have to put new plastic down (we started this weekend).

What a great deal you got on that four wheeler. I'm sure it will help you get around your farm easier.

God Bless,
Josh