Thursday, May 13, 2010

Selling Calves

Hi all,
Well, Today's the big day! We spent most of the day yesterday sorting off our calves from last year, and hauling them to the Napoleon Livestock Auction barn. And, as we are getting out of the dairy business for several reasons, we are also selling 4 of our milk cows there, which is kind of sad... :-( Now we are praying for a good price... The market has been pretty good lately, so we are pretty hopeful. :-)
Have you ever been to a livestock auction? It is pretty interesting, although it gets a little boring after a couple of hours... Check out the Napoleon Livestock Auctions website! If you want, you can even watch the sale online! I think someone from our family will be going to the sale, so hopefully I will have some pictures to post later...
That's all for now,
Andrew B.
P.S. Check out Josh's excellent post on his views of young ladies modesty... I highly recommend it!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

Hi Again Andrew!
Yes, I have been to livestock auctions. My sister and I love looking at all the animals, the trouble though is that we always want to buy all the animals! :D

God bless
Rachel*

Hannah said...

Hope everything goes well today at the sale! I think I have been to a livestock auction before, but it was a long time ago.
~Hannah F.