Saturday, February 20, 2010

Dictation, and a mystery sound.

I started this post a week ago, but didn't get a chance to finish it till now... Here goes:

Happy Sabbath!

This morning after chores, while I was waiting for the shower to be available, I was playing around in my room and found a way to make this funny noise. Can you guess how I made it?



Jacob said this sound reminds him of a robot computer processing data. I think it would be a good sound effect for a SCI/FI movie...


As you may be able to tell from the title, I am once again dictating to my computer. It is actually working pretty well this time, and I am gaining more confidence in the system. In this whole paragraph, I haven't had to correct one mistake! It is definitely a lot faster than typing, at least if you're as slow at typing as I am. :-) You can even make a smiley face by simply saying "Smiley face"!

Well, I need to get going. "Talk" to you later,
Andrew B.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Andrew,
Life is never dull with your inquesitive mind around the house! I am fascinated with your dictation project, as you know, so GO FOR IT!
I know the sound, as I saw you doing it, but I hope that you get lots of guesses. It may be a whole new trend in blog posts. ;)
Mom

Jonathan said...

It sounds much like a banjo being played on the wrong side of the bridge--am I correct?

And why didn't your computer insert a smiley face after you said, "Smiley face," even though it did insert it in the sentence before?

Have a great evening!

Jonathan