Saturday, February 4, 2012

Where does time fly?

Hello!
  You might very well be wondering what has happened to me, due to my recent lack of blog posts... I assure you I have only been extremely busy, and haven't had the time to sit down and write what I have been up to. :-)  So, I will take a little time now to give a brief update of the past couple of weeks:

  The second weekend in January found our family at the Crystal Springs family camp, for the annual "Spring Fever Family Camp" hosted by some friends of ours, the S. family.  We had a very enjoyable time visiting with friends,


 making new ones,


playing Volleyball;


and ping-pong;


eating good food;


and listening to the excellent guest speaker, Kevin Swanson from "Generations With Vision"!


Thanks again for all of your hard work, S. family, and all of you who helped out too!

  Dad, Jacob and I have spent several days over the last two weeks over near Spiritwood, where we were working on taking apart and removing two grain cleaners from an old elevator...  It was a lot of work, but thankfully we have all of the pieces home now, so now we have to work on putting them back together...  :-)   

 Last weekend, Dad and Mom went to Aberdeen SD. for the Northern Plains Sustainable Agriculture Society's (NPSAS) annual Winter Conference.  On Saturday, I went up to Minot to help out with an Appleseed shoot, which was a lot of fun! I am an Instructor In Training with the Appleseed program, so am working hard to learn what I need to know to advance towards being a full instructor... :-)

 I have also been busy helping out with the Ron Paul 2012 campaign, attending our district reorganization meeting, making some phone calls to supporters, etc.  We still have a long way to go, but it is a good cause!

  In my spare time I have been working on a 2001 Dodge Stratus, which I picked up really cheap because the engine would not start.  It really wasn't a serious problem; the water pump had gone bad, and caused the timing belt to break... I have it in running condition again, although there are a couple of things to work on yet.  For instance; the back windows will not go up or down, there is a dent in the right rear door, and it needs a new battery... But at least it runs! ;-) 

  That's all for now,
     Andrew B.

No comments: