I started work on my Charger, taking out the engine and pretty much the whole front end... Here you can see a snapshot of the project just getting under way:
A day or two later:
Here you can see a few of the parts removed in the process:
After totally disassembling the engine, my suspicions were confirmed -- the main bearings and crankshaft were severely damaged, and a couple of the connecting rod bearings were so bad they had even spun... After checking around with several different places, I decided to buy a used motor from a junkyard, rather than trying to rebuild the old one. Here is a picture I took of the used engine I bought:
Dad has been working on one of our tractors, as there is a bearing that is literally falling apart somewhere in the transmission, we just haven't been able to find it yet!
More to come!