Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Success!

Hello all,
 After a week and a half of waiting for the last part for my car, I finally contacted the company I had ordered from, only to find that the part was on backorder, and they had no clue when they might get one in... So I promptly canceled my order with them and ordered the part, a bearing race, from somewhere else.  It arived today, and after a couple hours of putting everything back together, I was able to take it out and drive it around! SUCCESS!!!
 It was really dusty/dirty from sitting around in the shop, so I gave it a bit of a washing:


Here it sits; another addition to our long lineup of vehicles:


I took Mom out for a spin after chores, and she took the following picture of me before we left:



Here's hoping that it works well for many miles to come! I am still not sure if I am going to keep it, or try to sell it again for a profit... Either way I will be driving it around for a little while to make sure everything is working properly. :-)  Anybody need a good car? ;-)

  Andrew B.

5 comments:

Cora Beth said...

Great work, Andrew!!!!!! I wish I'd been here to hop in and share in your sucess.... It looks so nice, now that it's all put back together again. ;)

I vote: Keep it!

Your sister,
Cora

Patrick said...

Hi Andrew,
Glad you got your car fixed, hope it keeps working good for you!

Dawn Bornemann said...

I agree with Cora, Andrew. I am so proud of you for putting that transmission back together and your papa is too! What a winner you are and you pick nice vehicles too!

I vote: Keep it!

Your mother,

Dawn

Kimberly said...

Nice car.

Anonymous said...

Hey Andrew,

I am so glad to hear that you got your car all fixed up. My family has never had good luck with transmissions. :( That is great that you were able to rebuild yours. Whether you choose to keep it or sell it, I pray that the car will be a blessing to you and your family.

Your Brother in Christ,
Josh