Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's a Girl!

--My calf that is!

Yup, that's right, I am back to milking... I went out to the pasture a couple of days ago to check on Sally, (The cow) as I knew she was getting close to calving. What I found was a several-day-old calf! I guess I should have kept a closer eye on her, but it turned out just fine anyway. :-) It's soo nice to have an abundance of milk again, and to be able to get some cream too. Whipped cream on pancakes, with ice cream for dessert! YUM!
The calf, Laura, is doing very well. It didn't take her too long to get used to drinking from a bottle, and now she is a regular pest!
Today was one of those rainy days where it's just nice to work on things inside... I spent most of the day cleaning up the basement: throwing out a bunch of junk, and setting up a little workbench for some of my projects. Maybe we can even get to the Foosball table again... ;-)
That's all for now,
Andrew B.

No comments: