Monday, January 18, 2010

I am trying dictating.

Hi all,
 
I have been playing with speech recognition lately, and so I thought I would try writing a blog post that way.  It really works quite well, although it does make a mistake once in awhile.  So far I have only had to fix one thing; it didn't know what a blog was!  The other day when I was training it, it thought I said Jacob was a chicken!
 
Well, Jacob is bugging me to go play a different computer game, and now he's telling me to delete this sentence, even though it's the truth!  HaHa!  If you haven't ever tried talking to your computer, you should give it a try sometime.  It's really fun!  And, you can generally talk a lot faster than you can type.  Speech recognition is a built in feature in both Windows Vista and Windows 7.  It works with most word editing programs, although it has a problem working with Blogger.  In order to use it on this post, I had to first talk it up in an e-mail and then paste it to Blogger later.
 
Well, I need to get going.  
    Andrew B.  

No comments: