Thursday, January 6, 2011

18 Rules for Good Riting

Hello!
I was reading through a book I got from the library, and found this good advice. Thought I would share it with you:

"18 Rules for Good Riting:
  • Each pronoun agrees with their antecedent.
  • Just between you and I, case is important.
  • Verbs has to agree with their subjects.
  • Watch out for irregular verbs which has cropped into our language.
  • Don't use no double negatives.
  • A writer mustn't shift your point of view.
  • When dangling, don't use participles.
  • Join clauses good, like a conjunction should.
  • Don't use a run-on sentence you got to punctuate it.
  • About sentence fragments.
  • In letters themes reports articles and stuff like that we use commas to keep a string of items apart.
  • Don't use commas, which aren't necessary.
  • It's important to use apostrophe's right.
  • Don't abbrev.
  • Check to see if you any words out.
  • In my opinion I think that an author when he is writing shouldn't get into the habit of making use of too many unnecessary words that he does not really need.
  • And, of course, there's that old one: Never use a preposition to end a sentence with.
  • Last but not least, lay off clichés."
Thought that was too good to pass up, hope you enjoyed it!
  Andrew B.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Der Andrew,
I shore am glad that you aint no poor riter like that feller was! I reckon somebody took ther time to lern you rite. You is shore luky!
Yur murther.

Kimberly said...

Funny! And you mother's comment is even funnier!