We have been busy around here, but I guess that's nothing new!
Wednesday morning we got all of the cows and calves into the corral, then after allowing the cows to go back out of the pens, we tagged all of the calves that we hadn't got tagged earlier. After letting the bigger calves back out with the cows, and putting the small ones in a trailer, we opened the fence and started walking the herd up to the pasture. First the cows thought they had to stop in the alfalfa field and have their breakfast, but we did manage to get them moving after a couple of minutes... We did get them up to the pasture without too much trouble, except for getting three different "vehicles" stuck... (One of the four wheelers, Jacob's dirt bike, and some friends who were helping us got their Polaris Ranger stuck too...) Unfortunately, we don't have any pictures, as we were too busy chasing cows to take time to take pictures...
The engine finally went out on my John Deere garden tractor sometime last fall, so I decided to put in a remanufactured engine. Here you can see me working up the garden with it:
I am still working on breaking in the engine, so haven't put the hood back on yet. :-)